Monday, January 18, 2010

Stuff

Well, a whole week has passed without us going to a party or exploring some part of Manaus. My poor, neglected camera!! I think the fact that I was sick with a cold kinda slowed us down. I just wasn't in the mood to hang out with a bunch of people, exhausting my brain speaking in Portuguese while trying to hide my used Kleenex, ya know?
Luckily I started feeling better just in time for our orchestra concert last night. We had a guest conductor from Italy who spoke only Italian the entire week during rehearsals (my new favorite number is 55 in Italian), and we played some great repertoire. Probably my favorite concert yet this season- Rossini's La Gazza Ladra, Nino Rota's La Strada (movie soundtrack), and Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade. It was not an easy program, but it was so worth the extra rehearsals. And we played for a full house that was very appreciative, including my hubby.
Now that the Cardinals are out of the Playoffs (boo), Jay is much more available on weekends. We even spent a Sunday afternoon yesterday at the mall with no mention of kick-off times, and he admitted that he was a little happy to not have to be "so obsessed" with football now! Better luck next year, Cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment