Monday, April 11, 2011

Cha de bebe!

How lucky can one girl be? Last week was my third baby shower for this lil guy! I feel so fortunate to have such great friends not only in the States, but also here in Manaus. My close friend Debora threw me my last baby shower (cha de bebe) and invited all of our girlfriends. It was a lot of fun for everyone, and we ended up with some really cute books and DVD's in Portuguese for the bebe. I know I will think of our Brazilian friends whenever we read the stories together. We also got some disposable diapers which should come in handy for the really gross newborn poop that is sure to come in a few weeks! For now though, they are serving an equally important job of making our second bedroom smell like sweet, fresh baby :)

Debora and me at the beginning

A Brazilian tradition...the girls all painted my belly!

The belly, Jay, and I all done up! 

Just the Ladies (e um menino)


Now we're getting to the final countdown!!! Less than a month to go (36 wks)!!! We can't wait to meet our lil guy and introduce him to all of his Tias e Tios Brasileiros :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment