Tuesday, May 25, 2010

State of Mind

It's official... Jay and I will be heading back to the states this summer for vacation!!!!! We bought our tickets and cannot stop thinking about what we're going to do there, eat there, buy there. But buying them a few weeks ago has certainly taught me a valuable lesson: Do not purchase tickets so early. 

The strong desire to get back to the states has basically been in the back of our minds starting the day we bought them, despite the fact that we still have more than a month to wait, and it makes life here a little more difficult. Not that we are unhappy now, just that the anticipation of all the good things to come is hard to avoid. And by good things to come, I mean..... clean & maintained streets with predetermined lanes, no stray & mangy dogs/cats, cheap Chinese & Mexican food, pedestrians with the right of way, sidewalks that accommodate 2 people side by side, clothes that last longer than a few months, using a cell phone & iPod in public w/out fear it will be stolen, not seeing ants on or near my food everyday, cafes that sell iced coffee. 

Seriously, I did not start daydreaming of walking down an immaculate sidewalk with an iced coffee in one hand while talking on my cell phone until we had a date set to leave. I guess the grass is always greener, right? (And better maintained).

No comments:

Post a Comment