Thursday, March 3, 2011

Surprises

Yesterday turned out to be quite a memorable day for us, and not exactly in the best sort of way. 
I'll get the bad surprise out of the way first. As Jay walked me to my last rehearsal for a while, I stopped looking at the sidewalk for a couple seconds. This is never a good idea here because the sidewalks are not only very crooked and very uneven, but there can also be garbage in some spots. Well, as we approached the intersection, I felt something slippery under my foot. I looked back to see what it was, thinking it was just some fruit peel or whatever. If only... it turned out to be a big, dead, hairless rat! And I was wearing flip-flops! EWWW! I immediately got so grossed out that I almost lost my breakfast right there. I made it to rehearsal and washed off my shoe, but it still gives me the heeby-jeebies to even think about it. 
While I was busy counting measures at rehearsal, Jay was taking part in a tv show about sports in our state, Amazonas. His Muay Thai teacher invited him and another student the day before to be part of a segment about Muay Thai. He agreed, thinking it would basically be a demonstration of combinations they've learned in class. He was a little surprised to see a scene set up with chairs outside for an interview, and even more surprised when they told him he would be the one getting interviewed! While he does speak portuguese, this live tv situation was not exactly ideal. So the reporter asked him a question, which he answered to the best of his ability, and then he said the guy just looked at his teacher, kind of stunned, not knowing what just happened, and then never talked to Jay again after that! I tried to find a clip of it, but so far haven't had any luck.
That was definitely a day neither of us will forget anytime soon (though I really wish I could)!

No comments:

Post a Comment